Image by exxodus
HRG (HRG Engineering Company Ltd) was a British car manufacturer based in Tolworth, Surrey, and founded by E.A. Halford, Guy Robins and Henry Ronald Godfrey in 1936. It took its name from the first letter of their surnames.
The cars were intended to continue the traditions of Frazer Nash, H.R. Godfrey, along with Archibald Frazer Nash, having founded and run the GN cyclecar company from 1910 to 1922. An HRG cost £395 (about half the cost of the 1.5-litre Aston Martin) and weighed almost 1000 pounds (450 kg) less.
Car production ended in 1956 after 241 cars had been made, although the company remained in business. In 1965, they made an experimental Vauxhall VX 4/90 powered sports car. The company ceased trading in 1966, and made a profit until the end.
The cars are commonly called "Hurgs" by owners and enthusiasts.